Friday, October 14, 2011

Three Hills?

I grew up on a farm north of the town of Three Hills and once in awhile we would head south and visit this 'far away place'. When a family of 5 travels in a '52? '53? Chev pickup it did seem like a far away place!
The 3 hills seemed so prominent, so majestic to a child. Now it is difficult to pick out '3' hills! Is it erosion, an adult perspective, a westerly view? I don't know......
But the canola crop was almost blinding and in the back ground one can imagine there being 3 hills.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo! The canola (as in canola oil, I assume) is gorgeous. And I do see 3 hills in the background (not mountains but hills) and they are pretty, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole life we have joked about it only being `2 and a half Hills`:)

    Beautiful...and makes me miss home!

    ReplyDelete